The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader of the Butler Homeless Initiative (BHI) and is responsible for overseeing the administrative programs, staff, and strategic plan. Other duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the BHI Board of Directors (BoD).
1) Board Governance: Works with BoD in order to fulfill BHI's mission.
• Responsible for supporting BHI in a manner that develops the organization’s mission and vision as defined by the BoD.
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the BoD and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the BoD to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the continuity of BHI.
• Responsible for fundraising, grant writing and reporting, and developing other resources, including donations, necessary to support BHI’s mission (including salaries, facilities and equipment, and programs). This position is funded by resources raised by the ED.
• Responsible for the fiscal integrity of BHI. Must submit to BoD, in a timely fashion as specified by BoD, a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of BHI.
• Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with BoD and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
• Responsible for implementation of BHI’s programs to carry out the mission including, but not limited to, the ESG program and the Cold Weather Shelter. Develops and recommends new programs to address new challenges as experienced by homeless people in Butler County.
• Responsible for strategic planning, in cooperation with BoD, to ensure that BHI can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.
• Responsible for the enhancement of BHI’s image and public awareness by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with professional, civic and private organizations, churches and law enforcement.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and uses resources to ensure that the operations of BHI are appropriate.
• Responsible for effective administration of BHI in its context as a faith based organization.
• Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, supervising, scheduling and retaining competent, qualified staff. Develops position descriptions and holds annual performance reviews. Responsible for maintaining professional behavior of staff.
• Responsible for signing all notes, grants, applications, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of BHI. • Responsible for developing and maintaining the necessary data bases for generating correct and timely reports as directed by agencies funding BHI.
• A bachelor’s degree (or combination of work experience and education may be taken into consideration)
• Nonprofit management experience
• Experienced budget management skills, including budget development, analysis, decision-making and reporting, and payroll (including use of Quickbooks)
• Strong organizational abilities including long range planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey BHI's mission and vision to staff, BoD, volunteers, donors and community based groups, including funding agencies
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector, and preferably experience in planning and developing major fundraising events
• Skills to collaborate with BoD
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and public speaking skills
• Ability to engage diverse groups • Demonstrated ability to recruit and supervise staff
Actual Job Responsibilities:
• Plan for, and implement, the annual budget.
• Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and operations of BHI. Maintain complete, accurate and accessible records, written or electronic, for all BHI operations and equipment.
• Serve as BHI’s primary spokesperson to constituents, the media and the general public.
• Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state, utilizing those relationships to strategically enhance BHI’s Mission. Maintain effective working relationships with all funding agencies and program officers.
• Report to and work closely with the BoD on policy decisions, fundraising and enhancing the visibility of BHI throughout Butler County.
• Supervise and collaborate with staff.
• Strategic planning and implementation.
• In collaboration with BoD president, arrange and provide information for BoD and committee meetings.
• Oversee marketing and other communications efforts, including Facebook and BHI webpage.
• Review and approve contracts and agreements for services.
• Other duties as assigned by the BoD.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please send detailed resume, names and contact information for three references and a cover letter, as word attachments to: Melody Gault email@example.com